Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, September 27, 2010

goin' for a dip...

Hello everyone! It's Monday Inspiration time....
However, I just have a quick couple of tips for you today instead of a full tutorial. Why? Well, October starts this week, and with it will come some big changes to the blog. (I'll tell you more of the exciting stuff on Thursday). Because of these changes, Monday Inspirations is getting bumped.
Never fear, we aren't DUMPING it, just BUMPING it.
Starting this week, I'm gonna be taking Saturdays by storm!

However, I don't want to disappoint any of you by not having something to share today, so, let's do a quickie on brads!

The easiest way to alter your brads with the deliciously shimmery Creative Inspirations Paint is to hold the brads with a good pair of tweezers and dip the top into the jar of paint. This will give you a nice even coat in one step. You can then stick your brad into a piece of floral foam (or other similar product) to keep it standing upright as it dries.

Here is the real secret to great altered brads.... Ready for it?

After the paint is dry, give it a nice coat of Glossy Accents by Ranger. This does a couple of things...
1) As you can see from the photo, it gives it a nice shiny finished look without hiding any of the color or shimmer. (the one on the left has just paint, the one on the right has Glossy Accents over it.)
2) It will protect the paint from scratching off the metal brad. (this is a biggie for me. I've been altering brads with the paint for a while, but I didn't want to share it with all of you because I hated that the paint scratches off the brads. This fixes the problem!!!)

Doing the extra step does take more time because it takes a while for the Glossy Accents to dry... And you all know how impatient I am! However, I think the result is completely worth the extra effort!!!

Have a fabulous day! I'll be back soon with more exciting news!!!

2 comments:

Kraftychick said...

Great idea, Kassi - will be trying it out at my next scrap booking retreat! TFS!

jackie

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh LOVE that idea! Fantastic!