Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Brightening things up a bit..

I love the look of black and white photos. When photo editing I always find myself "test driving" each one in b&w, and many of them stay that way for printing! Large b&w prints, like 8x10, really benefit from a punch of color when scrapped. Take this fabulous photo of my daughter, I thought it needed a pop:




I used Canary, Turquoise, Fresh Green, and Mint paints on the chipboard dresses. The dresses are covered with canvas, which takes the paint very well!

8 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

Very cute! Cute picture of your daughter too.

Jenn K said...

What a beautiful picture and layout!! Love these little dresses..too cute!

Samantha said...

GREAT idea making the photo b/w! Really does make everything POP!

Holly said...

What a fun page! Love the little dresses!!!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful layout! Love the added dresses! I love bl & wh photos!

Chrissy D said...

Rebecca, this is a WONDERFUL layout and page! TFS!

Kassi said...

Adorable! I love b/w photos too.. there is just something about them.

Dani said...

This is absolutely adorable! The B&W photo just makes the page. :)