Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bulletin Board

Hi everyone! I feel like before I show you all my project I need to make a couple of confessions. First of all, I love Target. I'm slightly addicted, but I'm dealing with it. ;) And secondly, I love finding good deals. I'm always searching for a good bargain. With that being said, I'm starting to gather stuff to decorate my scraproom (frugally, of course). I find awesome deals at Target all the time. Their clearance is AMAZING. Anyways, I found a tablecloth 75% off that is inspiration for my room. I also found a bulletin board in the Dollar Spot at Target for $2.50.
I covered the corkboard part with a scrap of fabric from the tablecloth and trimmed it with ribbon scraps. I painted the outside of the bulletin board with white acrylic paint first, and then I put 2 coats of CI Evergreen. Once it dried, I used a little Antique Gold and sanded it to make it look aged. And I made the pins by hot gluing old buttons that I found to push pins. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it! Thanks for looking!

-Dani

5 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

Very cool Dani, great why to make that dreary cork board into a work of art.

Holly said...

Wow, great project!!! Love the button push pins and the aged "patina" frame!

Kassi said...

how fun! I love the colors!

Alexandra Lundgren said...

This is FABULOUS! What a fun idea!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh FAB idea - great work and SO COOL!