Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Getting out the Brayer..

Okay, it's been a long time since I used my brayer for anything!  So I thought today would be a perfect day to do that and use some of these yummy paints with it to create a background for my card.
I used "Garnet" and "Blush".

I used glossy photo paper and first put the paints on a scrap piece and added a good amount of water to each color to help it smear a little better and to also help keep the paint wet longer (the paint was almost like soup), as the paint does dry pretty quickly.

Then I ran a brayer though it a few times and then ran the brayer across my good sheet of photo paper!


Oh does it shimmer!! :) Yummy!

I used "Winter Frost" to cover the hearts!

I embossed the photo paper to give it a little texture as well.

Hope you like what I created! Have a nice day!

Kendra

5 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

Cute card and a wonderful idea!

Honey at 2805 said...

This is such a cute card. Very creative.

Holly said...

Beautiful background! Thanks for the tip about adding water to the paint before picking it up with the brayer.

Kianel said...

what a gooood idea!
thanks for sharing your fine project with us!
love from France, Kianel.

Chrissy D said...

Great idea, Kendra! I so often get stuck in these ruts, I need to remember this!