Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, July 18, 2011

House Mouse Meets the Color Wheel


Hi there. Beth Norman here with a quick tutorial for you. In keeping with this week's challenge, I picked my scallop die as my favorite. I like it because it is easy to use, unlike some of the intricate dies.

This image was so fun to color (with my Copics), and paint with Creative Inspirations paint. Because the bubblegum was painted, the shiny outside looks just like real bubblegum--good enough to chew. How fun for the recipient of my card.

On the inside I stamped, "You Make Me Smile All Over My Face" from Inkadinkado. My main image is from House Mouse stamps.



To choose my papers, I turned to my color wheel. The Web Wheel has so many colors to choose from on the wheel. Although this wheel is made for beaders, scrapbookers and cardmakers can find this useful as well.


I used the color wheel to determine what colors worked well together on this mat.

Continue to use the color wheel to pick more colors.

The color wheel is a handy tool and a must have in my studio.

7 comments:

Chrissy D said...

WOW gorgeous work!!!

Sarah said...

Beth, your card is gorgeous! Thanks for the tutorial. Hugs, Sarah

BarbaraW said...

Great card and cool tutorial

~ Kendra ~ said...

Adorable card! Love the colors you used! And a fun image!

Kianel said...

What a fun card, very cute!
Love from France, Kianel.

Creative Inspirations said...

Cute card! Now I am seriously thinking of replacing my color wheel with one of those.

Kassi said...

Aren't color wheels fabulous!!! I love your card!