Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Dry Goods

This week the CI Paints challenge is buttons. One thing my card shows is that grunge and shimmer can work together. To begin my card I cut a piece of a sheet of My Mind's Eye designer paper which included a dry goods ad. I cut the grunge paper dress form, spool and buttons from a Tim Holtz die. I used distress stains to color the diecuts.  The spool  was wrapped with gold thread and the thread was also used in the buttons.The lace circle on the dress form is also from My Mind's Eye. I highlighted the lace with bright yellow CI paint and the buttons with rustic red, turquoise, and sage paints. The
paint added a wonderful shimmer to these items. The glittery cross stitches around the ad were perfect to go with the shimmer of the paint and the gold thread.
Barbara Washington -- Designer

2 comments:

Kassi said...

fabulous! What a perfect balance of grunge and glitz!

Creative Inspirations said...

Great card Barbara!