Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Creative ways to alter stickers

Hello,my dear Creative friends! Irit is here again and this is my very first tutorial for 2012 new year.
This time I decided to alter the very  cheap  kid stickers with Creative Inspirations Paints and to show you how we can alter any kind of flat and simple stickers using our paints.
Product list:
Creative Inspirations Paints- any colors you want
Acrylic album pages- Prima
Patterned paper, dotted tape- Prima
Stickers- craft shop
Stamps- Bo Bunny
Ink- Staz-on white
Flowers- Petaloo
Metal sign- MM
Ribbons

This is a sticker set I used- flat, silver and boring.

I would never use it as is and this is a reason it was in my craft room for years.
So to showcase  this technique  I decided to adhere  those  stickers over a clear acrylic piece.
I used a rainbow  mix of paints and a small fine brush and colored the butterfly on the front.

Again, for the final project, I decided to make this acrylic deco, using the painted stickers  front side, also the back looks cool too.
The white swirls were stamped with white Stazon, I will try those  stamps with our paints next time too.



And as you can see- the final result is pretty and those "lost" stickers have texture and can be used on some real craft.
Now just run to buy some 49 cent sets and begin to play with them. But I am more then sure that you have a lot of them in your own craft room and never use them... So this is your time! Grab some Creative Inspirations Paints and make  your stickers jump to another level!

3 comments:

~Carla said...

Very cute! I have a stack of those type stickers in my stash somewhere too... now I have a reason to dig them out!

LittleSunday said...

Beautiful result! So bright - happy colors!

Kianel said...

Great idea Irit!
Love from France, Kianel.