Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Friendship Feather

Hello!

Shea here of Glitter and Bonbons with a project I've been wanting to try ever since seeing it done several months ago, and that is to make a feather out of washi tape.  But first I had to make the washi tape itself!  Kendra, one of our lovely CI Paints designers, had a great tutorial on making shimmery washi tape a few months ago.  You can see it here.


I used CI Paints in Green Olive, Pumpkin and Buttercup, brushing them on in random fashion.  (I only had 1" wide tape which makes a wide feather.  Narrower tape will yield a narrower feather.)  Then I stamped a small design on it with black dye ink and folded it over a covered florist's wire before snipping the sides to create the "feather."  No, it's not supposed to look realistic, just feathery.   :-)


See the shimmer on the feather?  There's also a bit of glitz on the largest button that I had gold leafed with some leftover leaf a short while ago.  I always keep a few of these on hand.



The rest of the card was kept simple with some stitching, some coarse textiles, some jute twine and a variety of vintage buttons.  I did, however, spray a bit of my homemade shimmer spray on the two-paper layer.  I make these sprays with various CI Paints as well as a few other ingredients.

Thank you for taking time to visit today, and I hope you'll try your hand at making feathers (and/or washi tape) too!  Don't forget to head over to play in our latest challenge, the theme of which is Inspired By: Anything Goes.

Happy crafting!


2 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Gorgeous card Shea! I love the feather and all the buttons. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kimberly S said...

Fabulous card Shea, love that feather...how fun! hugs, Kimberly